Werkstoffwissenschaftler/-in Materials Engineer m/f
We are looking for a Materials Engineer (m/f) to join the global development team from our customer.
Ihre Aufgaben umfassen folgende Bereiche
- This position provides an exciting opportunity to drive the value creation initiative for INNIO Jenbacher gas engines by applying strong domain expertise in materials and processes. It is responsible for developing robust specifications to enable quality and cost effective manufacturing and mitigating technical and business risks in process and quality controls. The position leads or supports multiple projects by working cross-functionally and delivers results according to validated customer priorities
- Developing and improving material specifications based on performance and reliability requirements and cost effective manufacturing of engine products.
- Working effectively with internal cross functional team (engineering, supplier quality, manufacturing, materials and inspection lab) and external suppliers to proactively identify and mitigate risks in process and quality control.
- Trouble-shooting and resolving emerging cost-of-quality issues related to materials and manufacturing.
- Leading material and manufacturing cost-out projects including scoping, execution, validation, and reporting to business stakeholders while meeting milestones on time.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in materials engineering function, with strong emphasis on quality and specifications.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in casting, forging, and fabrication of reciprocating engine components or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of physical and mechanical metallurgy of ferrous and non-ferrous materials for reciprocating engines
- Bachelor's degree minimum in materials engineering or similar disciplines from accredited university
- Effective oral and written communication in German and English
- Experience working cross-functionally with design, global supply chain, and services of internal combustion engines
- Familiarity with quality management systems and with six-sigma training and/or certification
- Experience in mechanical design of engine parts incl. but not limited to thermal and stress analysis, geometric dimensioning and tolerances, and system-level requirements
- Please send in the application documents exceptionally in English
The minimun gross salary for this position is € 2.574,68/ month.
Market-compliant overpayment is possible, depending on qualification and work experience.
Ansprechperson: zH Herrn Stefan Dohr
Telefon: +43 (0)5/7505-5731
Bewerbung an: firstname.lastname@example.org